Road Traffic Accidents

If you or a member of your family has suffered a personal injury due to negligence of another party, you may be entitled to compensation for injury and loss.*

Mulroy and Company Solicitors Galway specialise in personal injury claims and we are in a position to advise you if amount offered is fair for the loss and injury suffered.

Often, after an accident occurs, the injured party is discouraged from seeking the assistance of a lawyer or is put under pressure from an insurance company to accept a settlement. However, is is vital that before accepting any settlement from an insurance company that you obtain advice from a personal injury solicitor. The insurance company is most likely making an offer to settle the case now as it fear it may have to make a higher offer in the future.

It is vital to remember that insurance companies employ a wide range of experts from claims managers, motor vehicle assessors, actuaries and medical advisors to represent them.

Our advice is simple – Never settle a claim without obtaining legal advice.

Please do not hesitate to telephone us at 091 – 586760 or email us to discuss your claim.


The following may be of assistance to you if you have suffered an injury or loss.

What should I do if I have had an accident?

What should I do at the scene of a road traffic accident?

I have had an accident. Do I have a case?

How long do I have to make a claim?

Frequently asked questions about Personal Injury Claims

My child had an accident. What should I do?

If my claim for personal injuries was successful what would I be entitled to receive?

Liability for rear-end car accidents

What is contributory negligence?

What is the meaning of ‘no foal, no fee’?

What is whiplash?

What are the legal Charges involved in making a claim?

Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003 


*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.