What should I do if I have had an accident?

If you are injured in a road traffic accident* or any other accident where another party may be responsible, Mulroy & Company strongly advise that you contact a lawyer seeking legal advice in the matter.

Following an accident such as a road traffic accident, the injured party may be approached by a representative of the other party’s insurance company to seem to settle the claim, that may often involve little or no compensation for injuries sustained.   If this occurs, and the injured party will be required to sign a disclaimer form and they may be prohibited from subsequently seeking compensation for injuries.   In some cases, insurance companies contact injured parties within days of an accident to enter into such settlements.

The injured party, if they settle the claim without obtaining independent legal advice, may find themselves in a very difficult position afterwards.

Our advice is simple – Never settle a claim without obtaining legal advice.

Please do not hesitate to telephone us at 091 – 586760 or contact us here.


*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.