Rear-end car accidents are the leading reason for personal injury claims* in Ireland.
In almost all personal injury claims, the person who hit you from behind will be responsible for the accident. This is the case even when the vehicle in front may have contributed to the accident by stopping suddenly or not having proper break lights.
What are the causes for rear-end car accidents?
- Inattentive driving perhaps due to the other party being on a mobile phone, adjusting the radio or just tiredness.
- Dangerous driving such as driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Hazards on the road such as animals or pedestrians.
- Poor weather conditions which affects vision or icy or slippy roads.
- A motor vehicle not in a road-worthy condition which has for instance bald tyres, poor breaks, faulty steering etc.
- Poor signalling by the vehicle in front.
- The offending vehicle driving at an excessive speed.
Personal injuries from rear-end collisions
A multiplicity of injuries can arise from rear-end type collisions. However, the most likely type of injury is whiplash-type injury. You can read more about this ‘whiplash’ type injury here.
Mulroy and Company Personal Injury Solicitors are here to help. Please do not hesitate to telephone us at 091 – 586760 or email us to discuss your claim.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.